Rajasthani kadhi recipe – is a Rajasthani dish made with yogurt and besan or gram flour. This kadhi recipe is very easy to prepare and pakoras are not added to it.
Kadhi is a dish made with yogurt and besan or gram flour as the main ingredient and very mildly spiced. Yogurt based dishes are very popular in India and is made on a regular basis in Indian homes.Though the name may differ from kadhi in North and moru kootan or mor kuzhambu in the South. Whatever be the name, it is very tasty and healthy. Yogurt are considered to be best cooler especially during summer season.
Usually, I make moru kachiyathu which is a simple buttermilk curry from Kerala, whenever I feel lazy to cook or want to make something in a hurry. But nowadays, I make this rajasthani kadhi whenever I am in a hurry. Thanks to blogging, it has introduced me to a lot of new cooking styles. It is healthy and protein packed due to addition of gram flour. I find it more easy as there is no need of making pakodas. But there is another version of rajasthani kadhi called as rajasthani pakoda kadhi in which gram flour fritters are added at the end.
The method of preparing kadhi varies from place to place. There are various kadhi versions available like gujrati kadhi, punjabi kadhi pakoda, sindhi kadhi, and so on. Though the name is same, and main ingredient is also same, there are many differences in the ingredients used for making these kadhi. Recently I made sindhi karhi, where tamarind was also used.
Moreover, this rajasthani kadhi is a no onion no garlic recipe.
I serve kadhi with jeera rice. At home everyone loves that combination. Earlier, when I make jeera rice, my daughter asks me to make dum aloo, but now I make this easy kadhi. You can also serve rajasthani kadhi with phulka or with steamed rice.
Other similar recipes:
1. dum aloo
2. instant pulissery (yogurt based curry)
rajasthani kadhi recipe given below:
Rajasthani kadhi recipe – Ingredients
How to make rajasthani kadhi
Rajasthani kadhi recipe – step by step pics
1. In a bowl, take thick curd and whisk well.
2. Add besan or gram flour to curd or yogurt and mix well without any lumps. You can use a wired whisk for doing this.
3. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and green chilies to it. Mix well.
4. Cook on low flame for 5 – 6 minutes until gram flour gets cooked well. When kadhi reaches a consistency where it is not too thick nor too thin, then turn off the flame.
5. In another pan, add ingredients for tempering. Add the tempered ingredients to the kadhi.
6. Mix well. Rajasthani kadhi is ready. Serve rajasthani kadhi with steamed rice, jeera rice, or phulka.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your comments, views and suggestions in the box given below.
Enjoy cooking and serving