ragi paniyaram recipe | ragi kuzhi paniyaram with ragi dosa batter – a tasty, healthy breakfast recipe.
I often make ragi dosa twice in a month. Sometimes I use sprouted ragi, at times regular ragi or sometimes I make instant ragi dosa. In all ways, I love them. Today, I had some leftover ragi dosa batter and they were turned into ragi kuzhi paniyaram.
kuzhi paniyaram is a favorite at home and kids love them as an after school snack. But I prepared ragi paniyaram for breakfast with coconut chutney and idli podi. But at the end, only idli podi was left for me to click. You will find chutney missing in the picture.
Let us see how to make ragi paniyaram recipe.
ragi paniyaram recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 30 minutes
recipe type: breakfast, snack
serves: 2 – 3
equipment used: kadai, paniyaram pan
- ragi dosa batter – 2 cups
- oil – 1 tablespoon + for paniyaram
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- ginger – 1/2 teaspoon, grated
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- curry leaves – few, torn into bits
- hing or asafetida powder – a pinch
- onion – 1, finely chopped
- carrot – 1/4 cup, grated
- coconut – 1/4 cup, grated (optional)
- salt – to taste
how to make ragi paniyaram recipe
1. To make ragi paniyaram, let us first prepare the tempering. Heat oil in a kadai. When the oil is hot enough, splutter mustard seeds.
2. Add urad dal and fry till urad dal turns golden.
3. Add onion, ginger, green chili, curry leaves and hing. Saute till onion turns translucent. Turn off the flame. Let the mixture cool down.
4. Add grated coconut, carrots and the onion mixture to the ragi dosa batter. Add salt, mix well.
5. Grease a paniyaram pan by adding 1/2 teaspoon of oil into each of the cavities of the paniyaram pan.
6. Pour spoonful of batter into the cavities. Reduce the flame to medium and cover with a lid. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and then flip them to the other side. Cook on a medium-low flame until the bottom side becomes brownish in color.
7. Transfer the ragi paniyaram to a serving plate. Repeat the steps with the rest of the batter.
8. ragi kuzhi paniyaram is ready. Serve with coconut chutney, sambar or with idli podi.