|ragi sprouts||3 cups|
|raw rice||1 cup|
|urud dal||1 cup|
|fenugreek seeds||1 teaspoon|
1. Soak ragi overnight or for 8 – 10 hours. After that discard the water.
Now take a colander, line it with a clean white cheese cloth or muslin cloth. Transfer ragi to a muslin cloth, tie it, and allow it to sprout for 24 hours.
2. Soak rice and urud dal together for 3-4 hours.
3. First grind ragi, then rice and dal separately until smooth. Combine everything together, add salt and grind once again.
4. Mix the batter. Leave it for fermentation for 4 hours. After that, you will find that it has increased in volume.
5. You can use the batter as such or refrigerate the rest of he batter.
6. Heat a griddle or tawa, grease with oil. When tawa is hot enough, add one ladleful of batter, and slowly spread in circular motion.
8. Serve it with sambar or onion chutney or onion tomato chutney. This will not taste good with coconut chutney.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving