PUNUGULU – PUNUGULU WITH DOSA BATTER
Punugulu recipe – ingredients
- Idli / Dosa batter – 2 cups
- rice flour – 1 -2 tablespoon
- onion – 1/2 (finely chopped)
- green chili paste – 1 -2 tablespoon
- cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves – 1 sprig
- coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
- salt – to taste
- oil – for deep frying
How to make punugulu with dosa batter
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients except oil. Mix well. Keep it aside for half an hour.
2. Heat oil for deep-frying. When oil is hot enough, reduce the flame to medium and then add a spoonful of batter slowly into the hot oil. Add two to three spoons of batter into the oil. Do not over-crowd the vessel.
3. Turn the punugulu when they start changing color and cook till done.
4. Take it out using a slotted spoon and transfer it to a kitchen towel. Serve punugulu with any chutney of your choice.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your comments, views and suggestions in the box given below.
Enjoy cooking and serving