pudina rice recipe | mint pulao | mint rice recipe – a tasty, healthy and easy to make lunch recipe.
mint pulao is a tasty and easy to make rice recipe which can be served for lunch or dinner. It can be prepared and served within a few minutes.
A spicy, fragrant mint pulao recipe along with veggies can be packed with kids lunch box or on weekends as a special easy lunch. You might also be interested in other rice recipes like kuska biryani, ghee rice, pressure cooker veg biryani, hyderabadi veg biryani, paneer biryani
pudina rice recipe | mint pulao
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
recipe type: lunch
serves: 2 – 3
- pudina or mint – one fistful
- coriander leaves – one fistful
- green chili – 1
- ginger – 1-inch piece
- garlic – 3 – 4
- onion – 1/4
- fresh coconut – 2 tablespoons, scraped
- water – as required
- oil or ghee – 2 tablespoons
- bay leaf – 1
- cardamom – 1
- cinnamon – 1-inch piece
- star anise – 1 piece
- cloves – 4 – 5
- cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- cashew nuts – 8 – 9
- onion – 1 small, sliced
- tomato – 1, finely chopped
- potato – 1/2, cubed
- carrots – 1/2, cubed
- beans – 4 – 5, finely chopped
- peas – 1/4 cup
- basmati rice – 1 cup
- water – as required
- salt – to taste
how to make pudina rice recipe
1. Wash and soak basmati rice in enough water for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain the excess water, keep aside.
2. Meanwhile, let us prepare the mint paste. Add mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, green chili, one piece of onion, coconut, and grind it. If necessary, add a little water and grind to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, cumin and saute for a second. Add cashew nuts and saute till they start changing color.
4. Add sliced onion, saute till they turn light brownish in color.
5. Add tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy.
6. Now add the chopped vegetables, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and saute again for a few more minutes.
7. Add the prepared mint paste, mix well. Saute well.
8. Now add the soaked and drained basmati rice, mix well. Add 1 and 3/4 cups of water, salt, mix well.
9. Cover and cook on a low flame for 10 minutes. Wait till the pressure subsides. Open the pressure cooker, fluff the rice gently with a fork and serve mint rice or mint pulao hot with raita.