pudina makhana recipe | mint flavored makhana – healthy, tasty and easy to make low-oil snack recipe with lotus seeds or phool makhana or foxnuts.
Today’s recipe is a very tasty guilt free snack recipe with foxnuts. They are called as phool makhana in Hindi.
phool makana is used in various dishes like kheer, makani, and also as a snack. They are rich in protein, potassium, magnesium and phosphorous. They are also low in sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol.
pudina makhana recipe
- lotus seeds or phool makhana – 1 big bowl
- oil –
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- peppercorns – 2 teaspoons, crushed
- dry mint powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
- salt – to taste
- black salt – 1 teaspoon, (optional)
how to make pudina makhana recipe ~ mint flavored makhana
1. Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil or ghee in a pan. Add the makhana or lotus seeds. Don’t add too much of ghee.
2. Fry in a low flame until they become crispy. Transfer it to a plate. Keep aside.
3. In the same pan, heat 1 teaspoon of ghee or oil. When hot, reduce the flame to low.
4. Add Kashmiri red chili powder, sauté for a second. Don’t fry for a long time, otherwise they will get burnt.
5. Add the roasted lotus seeds and sauté for a few minutes. Now add pepper powder, salt, black salt and the mint powder. Stir to combine everything. The masala should be well coated on the makhana.
6. pudina makhana is ready. Serve with tea or coffee.