Method of preparing potato roast is very easy. Pressure cook the potatoes, saute it with spices, isn’t easy? This is my mother in law’s recipe and I have seen her preparing this many a times and it tastes great. Now to the recipe..
|oil||1 1/2 tablespoon|
|mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|asafoetida powder||a pinch|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
1. Cook potatoes in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles or until they are cooked.
2. Peel the skin and cut them into cubes. Keep them aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds. Then add curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
4. Next add the diced potatoes and stir well.
5. Then add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt and asafoetida powder. Mix well so that the masala coats the potatoes.
6. Reduce the flame to low and simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes turn light golden around the edges.
7. Keep on turning at regular intervals to ensure even crisping and roasting of potatoes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves. Potato roast is ready.
9. This can be served with curd rice, rasam rice or also with sambar rice.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving