|pori / puffed rice||3 cups|
|jaggery / vellam||1 cup|
|cardamom powder / elakka podi||a pinch|
|dry ginger powder / chukku||a pinch|
1. Measure jaggery, add it to a bowl. Now add water to it and dissolve it well. Heat it for some time.
2. Strain it and remove the impurities.
3. To the jaggery syrup, add cardamom powder, dry ginger powder and heat it again.
4. Check for consistency. (Take water in a plate or bowl and add a drop of syrup to it. It should remain firm and should not dissolve. It should form a non-sticky ball when you roll it between your fingers. That is the right consistency.) Turn off the stove.
5. Add this mixture to the pori. Mix it nicely. Mix it till the pori is entirely coated with jaggery syrup.
6. Grease your hands with ghee. Make balls when the heat is bearable and store it in airtight containers.