poha tikki recipe – a tasty and easy to make snack recipe with poha or aval.
I have used potato as a binding agent for making poha tikki. I haven’t used any veggies, but you can also add grated carrots, cabbages, or some cooked French beans. You might also be interested in veg cutlet recipe.
poha tikki recipe | aval tikki
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: snack
equipment used: bowl, tawa
- potato – 3, boiled and mashed
- poha or aval – 1 cup
- ginger – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- onion – 1, finely chopped
- green chili – 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- roasted peanuts – 1/4 cup
- red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- chaat masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- corn flour – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
- salt – to taste
how to make pooha tikki recipe
1. First, wash and strain the poha to remove excess water.
2. Add the roasted groundnuts to a mixer jar and grind it to a coarse powder.
3. Add the washed and strained poha, mashed potato, and all the other ingredients to a bowl. Mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into small or medium shaped patties or tikkis. You can apply some oil in your palms while shaping the patties.
5. Heat oil in a tawa till it becomes medium hot. Gently place the tikki on the pan and fry them. When one side of the tikki becomes golden brown and crisp, then carefully flip it to the other side.
6. Gently flip for a couple of times till aloo tikkis are golden and crisp.
7. Once done, place the tikkis on an absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
8. poha tikki is ready. Serve with coriander chutney.