poha ladoo recipe with chocolate coconut filling – a tasty, unique poha ladoo recipe with a stuffing made with coconut and chocolate.
This delicious poha ladoo with chocolate coconut filling can be made during festivals or it can also be enjoyed as a dessert after a meal. Here I have used white poha, but you can also make use of iron rich red poha.
poha or rice flakes are easily digestible, provides energy, and they are also rich in iron and nutrients. That is the reason they are mostly preferred for breakfast.
Let us see how to make poha ladoo recipe with chocolate coconut filling.
poha ladoo recipe with chocolate coconut filling
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
recipe type: dessert, indian sweet
serves: 3 – 4
- poha or aval or rice flakes – 1 and 1/2 cups
- sugar or grated jaggery – 3/4 cup
- cardamom pods – 4
- coconut – 4 tablespoons, grated
- chocolate chips – 3 tablespoons
- ghee – 1/4 cup
- cashew nuts – 10 – 11
- raisins – 10 – 11
how to make poha ladoo recipe with chocolate coconut filling
1. To make poha ladoo recipe with chocolate coconut filling first, heat a heavy bottomed pan. Dry roast poha or aval till it becomes crunchy. Keep it aside, allow it to cool completely. Meanwhile, crush the cardamom pods.
2. Transfer the roasted poha to a mixer jar along with the crushed cardamom, sugar and blend it to a fine powder. Transfer it to a plate. Keep aside.
3. Meanwhile, let us prepare coconut chocolate stuffing for poha ladoo. Add coconut to a pan and roast in a medium flame until it becomes dry. Lastly, add chocolate chips. Turn off the flame, mix well, and keep the mixture aside.
4. Heat ghee in a pan, add cashews and fry till it starts changing color. Remove it from ghee and add it along with the ground poha powder. To the same ghee, add raisins and fry till they puff up. Remove them from hot ghee and add them to the poha powder along with the hot ghee.
5. Knead everything well. If needed, add more ghee for binding well.
6. Take a tiny ball sized portion of coconut chocolate filling, cover it with poha mixture all around and give it a ladoo shape.
7. poha ladoo recipe with chocolate coconut filling is ready. Serve it immediately or store them in an air-tight container.
- Try to make a fine powder of the poha or rice flakes. If the powder is coarse, then while making ladoo, they may break quickly.
- These ladoos can be stored for 4 to 5 days.
- Cardamom is a must for lending a divine flavor to the ladoo