These are the items which they send me – pav bhaji mix, mixed pickle, gujrati pickle, vermicelli payasam,instant kanda poha mix, instant upma mix, fish curry mix and kadhai paneer mix. Out of these items I selected Kanda poha mix for my croquettes.
|potato (boiled and mashed)||1/2 cup|
|instant poha mix||1 cup|
|mixed herbs||1 1/2 teaspoon|
|amchoor powder / dry mango powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|chaat masala||1/2 teaspoon|
|coriander leaves||1 tablespoon|
|cheese cubes||10 – 12 (1/4 inch)|
|all purpose flour|
|bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
|corn flour||2 – 2 tablespoon|
|oil||for deep frying|
1. Boil potatoes, peel, mash and keep it aside. (Don’t add salt while boiling potatoes as salt is added with the poha mix. )
2. In a pan add kanda poha mix. In a pan, add 3/4 cup of water and bring it to boil. Add this boiling water to the poha mix. Keep stirring while adding water. Cover it and keep it aside for 8 minutes.
3. Transfer it to another plate and mash it nicely with potato masher. (There will be few peanuts, you can either crush the peanuts and add it or else, take it out)
4. Mix both mashed potato and poha together.
5. Next, add chaat masala, amchoor powder, mixed herbs and little salt. Mix well, make a dough and keep it aside.
6. In another bowl, add 2 tablespoons of corn flour, add little water and make paste.
7. Heat oil in a pan.
8. Take small portions of the dough, slightly press it and keep small cheese pieces inside and seal it. Shape it in the form of balls or barrels.
9. Take one barrel, dust it with all purpose flour / maida, then dip it in corn flour paste and finally in bread crumbs.
10. When oil is hot enough, slowly slide the barrel into hot oil, and fry in medium heat till it becomes golden brown color.
11. Once it becomes golden brown, transfer it to an absorbent paper or kitchen tissue.
12. Serve it with tomato sauce or mayonnaise.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving