pizza tarts recipe | mini pizza tarts – tasty snack recipe which can be easily made at home.
pizza tarts are one of the easiest snack one can make. You can add vegetables according to your taste preference. If you don’t have tart shells, you can even try making them in a muffin tray. For instant version, try making with puff pastry sheets.
If you don’t have pizza sauce available at home, you can even try making mini pizza tarts with Mariana sauce or pasta sauce which ever is available with you. Choose the toppings according to your wish. You can even try making mini fruit pizzas. Do check out bread pizza cups recipe.
pizza tarts recipe
for pizza dough
- maida or all purpose flour – 1 and 1/4 cups
- yeast – 1 teaspoon
- sugar – 1 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- milk – 1/2 cup
- olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- oregano – 1 teaspoon
- chili flakes – 1 teaspoon or as required
- grated cheese – 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon or as required
- onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- bell peppers – 1, finely chopped
- pizza sauce – 1/4 cup
how to make pizza tart cups recipe
1. Take milk in a small bowl. Add yeast, sugar to milk and mix. Leave it aside till it gets activated.
2. Take maida or all-purpose flour in a bowl. To this add salt, mix well. Add the activated yeast, mix well. Knead it to a soft dough. Apply some oil, cover with a kitchen towel or a cling film, and leave it to rise, in a warm environment.
3. After 2 hours, take out the dough, roll it and place it in the greased tart case. Cut the extra dough hanging out of the case.
4. Put some chopped onion, bell peppers, grated cheese.
5. Sprinkle oregano and chili flakes.
6. Bake them at 220 degree centigrade for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. To make cheese twirls, grate cheese. Parmesan cheese is best for this, but if not available, any other cheese can be used.
8. Line a tray with butter paper or aluminum foil, make markings of circle on it.
9. Put grated cheese in the marked circle and grill them in a preheated oven at 220-degree centigrade for 5 minutes.
10. Cool them for a minute and with the help of a knife, lift it and place it on a cylindrical surface like a rolling pin.
11. Let it cool so that it forms the shape of a twirl.
12. To assemble, take a pizza tart, put a dollop of mayonnaise on top and garnish with the cheese twirl.