pista halwa recipe or pistachio halwa – a tasty and easy to make halwa recipe for diwali or any festival.
The method of preparing pistachio halwa is very easy. Soak pistachios, grind them. Make sugar syrup, add the ground pista paste, and mix well until it starts leaving the sides of the pan. Ready. Tasty, healthy pista halwa is ready.
This halwa made with pistachio is very healthy, tasty and it makes use of very less oil. It can be served for festivals or also can also be served as a dessert to guests.
Pistachios are very healthy. They help to maintain a healthy heart, and also help in weight management. They also help aid digestion.
Let us see how to make pista halwa recipe.
pista halwa recipe
preparation time: 15 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
recipe type: dessert
- pistachio- 1 cup, unsalted
- sugar- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup
- milk – 1 tablespoon, for grinding
- water- 1 cup
- ghee- 1 to 2 tablespoons
- green food color- a pinch, optional
- silver vark – for decoration, optional
how to make pista halwa recipe
1.Soak the pistachios in warm water for 25 – 30 minutes. Drain the excess water. Peel the outer skin of it. It will easily come. Remove any brown skin, if any left out.
2. Grind it to fine paste using 1 tablespoon of milk. Keep it aside.
3. To a non-stick pan add in water and sugar. Let the mixture come to a boil. Keep stirring until the sugar melts completely. When it boils and starts bubbling, reduce the flame to low, add in the ground pistachio paste along with food color ( if using). Keep stirring vigorously in order to avoid formation of lumps.
4. Continuously stir the mix till it starts leaving the side of the pan. Add ghee in between.
5. Turn off the flame and allow it to cool. Serve pista halwa with silver vark .