petha mawa sticks recipe – a tasty and easy to make sweet recipe for all festivals.
petha is a tasty sweet recipe which is very popular in Agra. It is made with fruits and is very nutritious. These pethas can be mixed with mawa and cashew nut powder to make delicious ladoos or sticks which can be served for any festival.
This petha mawa sticks can be served as a sweet recipe for any party or festival.
petha mawa sticks recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
recipe type: dessert, sweet
serves: 2 – 3
- petha – 200 grams
- mawa – 200 grams or 1 cup
- cardamom powder or elaichi powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- cashew nut powder – 3 – 4 tablespoons
- desiccated coconut – 1/3 cup
- saffron – few strands, optional (or food colour)
how to make mawa petha sticks recipe
1.Add grated petha into a bowl. To the same bowl, add cashew nut powder, and cardamom powder.
for making mawa petha
2. Heat a pan in medium flame. Add mawa into the hot pan and saute rigorously on medium flame till you find a slight colour change. Keep stirring continuously, otherwise, it will stick to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the flame and transfer it onto a plate. Allow it to cool.
3. To this add petha, cashew nut powder, and green cardamom powder to the lukewarm mawa and mix everything really well to form a dough.
4. Take small pinches of the dough, prepare sticks from the mixture and dust them evenly with desiccated coconut and place them on a serving plate. petha mawa sticks are ready to serve.
5. Garnish these divine petha sticks with some strawberry puree and serve them as a dessert or during fasting.