fresh or frozen peas can also be used for making peas pulao. I have used fresh green peas.
peas pulao recipe
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
recipe type: main
- rice – 2 cups
- oil or butter – 2 tablespoons
- cloves – 4
- bay leaf – 1
- cardamom – 3
- cinnamon – 1-inch piece
- cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- onion – 1 big, finely chopped
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- green chili – 1, slit
- green peas – 1/2 cup
- mint leaves – one handful
- water – 3 cups
- coriander leaves – few
- salt – to taste
how to make peas pulao recipe
1.Wash and soak basmati rice in enough water for 15 to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, drain the excess water and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil or ghee in a pan. When the oil becomes hot enough, add cloves, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and saute for a few seconds. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
3. Add finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and saute well till onion turns translucent.
4. Add green peas. Saute it well. At this stage, add a little salt, mint leaves and saute well.
5. Add the soaked and drained rice. Saute for 2 – 3 minutes. Saute gently without breaking the rice.
6. Add water, salt and mix well. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
7. Cover the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles or cook on medium flame for 10 minutes. Wait till the pressure subsides. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot with raita.