|Raw peanuts||1 cup|
|grated coconut||3 table spoon|
|mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|urud dal||1/2 teaspoon|
|hing/ asafoetida powder||a pinch|
1. Soak peanuts in water for 2 hours. Drain the water. Pressure cook the peanuts with enough water and salt in a pressure cooker for 3 – 4 whistles. (The peanuts should be soft yet crunchy enough to bite)
2. Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds. Then add urud dal, sauté it for a second, then add, red chillies, curry leaves and hing sauté it for few seconds and then add the boiled peanuts. Add salt if necessary. Combine all the ingredients.
3. Then add the coconut and give it a quick stir. Serve it hot.
1. Usage of coconut oil will add more flavour to the sundal.
2. Usage of freshly grated coconut will be the best.
3. If you are making use of fresh peanuts, then you can avoid the soaking process. In case of store brought ones, soaking is compulsory.
4. Don’t boil it so much that it becomes mushy. It should be soft yet when you bite, you should feel a bit crunchy.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.