bitter gourd – 1
onion – 2
turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
tamarind – 1 small ball
salt (to taste)
curry leaves (few)
1. Slice the bitter gourd into thin small pieces .
2. In a pan heat oil, add onions, bitter gourd, salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and green chilly
3. Sauté it well for one or two minutes
4. Now sprinkle little water, keep the gas in simmer, close the pan with lid and allow it to cook
5. In between keep stirring otherwise bitter gourd will get burnt.
6. Once the bitter gourd is cooked properly, add tamarind juice to it mix it well and leave it for some more time.
7. If necessary add more oil and you can go on frying it
8. Serve it hot with steamed rice.
For more mezhukkupuratti recipes:
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is press the corresponding button. This will keep me motivated.
For any queries, suggestions or comments contact: [email protected]