pasta sauce recipe | homemade pasta sauce recipe – healthy pasta sauce made at home.
I rarely make pizza and pasta at home. So, whenever I decide to make pasta, I end up buying big bottles of pasta sauce from the market and they get wasted as they are rarely used. So, I decided to make pasta sauce at home. And nowadays, I never buy these sauces instead make them at home. They are tasty, healthy and less expensive.
To make pasta sauce at home, all you need is tomatoes, onion, garlic, italian seasoning, corn flour, and olive oil. You can use pasta sauce for making bread pizza cups, bread sandwich, and many other recipes.
I browsed for the recipe on the internet and found few recipes which were really good. And I have made few changes to the recipe. The addition of bay leaf is optional, but it gives a nice flavor to the sauce. And I have added one basil leaf also for a flavor which I removed it after making the sauce along with bay leaf.
pasta sauce recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: sauce
serves: 4 – 5
- tomato – 3 – 4, medium
- onion – 1, small
- garlic – 4 – 5
- basil leaves – 1 teaspoon
- bay leaf – 1, remove when done
- carrot – 1/2, grated
- italian seasoning – 1/2 tablespoon
- black pepper powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- red chili flakes – 1 teaspoon
- tomato sauce – 2 teaspoons
- salt – to taste
- sugar – 1 teaspoon
- corn flour – 1/2 teaspoon (mixed with 2 tablespoons of water)
- olive oil – 1 tablespoon
how to make pasta sauce recipe
1. Let us first start by blanching tomatoes. Bring enough water to a boil in a pan. When the water starts boiling, carefully drop the tomatoes, cook for 2 – 3 minutes or till the skin starts to break. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
2. Peel off the skin, trim the edges, roughly chop them, and add them to a blender. Blend it to a smooth puree.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, crushed garlic and saute till onion turns translucent. Add grated carrots. Saute well.
4. Add tomato puree, bay leaf, basil leaves, and let it boil for 2 – 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water, and bring it to a boil. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add salt, sugar, italian seasoning, black pepper powder, red chili flakes and tomato sauce. Mix well. Finally, add cornflour mixed with 2 tablespoons of water. Keep stirring while adding corn flour mixture in order to avoid lumps.
6. Stir quickly and cook till it reaches a saucy consistency.
7. homemade pasta sauce is ready. Use immediately or store it in an airtight container.
homemade pasta sauce recipe below
- tomato - 3 - 4, medium
- onion - 1, small
- garlic - 4 - 5
- basil leaves - 1 teaspoon
- bay leaf - 1, remove when done
- carrot - ½, grated
- italian seasoning - ½ tablespoon
- black pepper powder - ¾ teaspoon
- red chili flakes - 1 teaspoon
- tomato sauce - 2 teaspoons
- salt - to taste
- sugar - 1 teaspoon
- corn flour - ½ teaspoon (mixed with 2 tablespoons of water)
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Blanch tomatoes, puree them and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic, finely chopped onion and saute till onion turns translucent.
- Add grated carrots and saute.
- Add tomato puree, ½ cup water, bay leaf, basil leaf, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add italian seasoning, salt, sugar, pepper powder, red chili flakes, mix well.
- Add corn flour mixed with 2 tablespoons of water, mix well without lumps. Cook till it reaches a saucy consistency.
- pasta sauce is ready.