Papaya milkshake – easy, tasty and healthy milkshake recipe with papaya.
We always get fresh papaya from my mother’s garden. Most of the time, they are had as such but sometimes, kids get so bored of it that the papayas remain as such. During such cases, we make this papaya milkshake or papaya jam. This is a best way to make use of ripe papaya.
This papaya milkshake is very refreshing, especially during summer. But I also make it on regular days as it is very nutritious and provides instant energy. You can modify the recipe to suit to your requirements like addition of ice cream, or you can also add vanilla essence or a pinch of cardamom powder. It really enhances the taste.
You can also increase or decrease the amount of milk according to the desired consistency.
Kids generally don’t like eating fruits as such and this papaya milkshake is a best way to add fruits to kids diet.
Papaya is a fruit with a lot of health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants like carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids. It is also said that consuming papaya reduces the risk of heart diseases, diabetics, canacer. It is also good for digestion.
Make sure that the papaya is ripe enough before making the milkshake. I have added cardamom powder here as it would remove the raw smell of papaya. But you can also add vanilla essence to remove the raw smell.
papaya milkshake recipe
- papaya - 2 cups chopped
- chilled milk - 2½ - 3 cups
- sugar or honey - 2 tablespoons
- cardamom powder - a pinch
- ice cubes - few
- Wash papaya, peel the skin. Remove the seeds. Chop the papaya into pieces.
- Add the chopped papaya pieces, ½ cup of milk to a blender and blend it well.
- Now add the rest of the milk, sugar or honey, cardamom powder and blend well for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add ice cubes to a serving glass and pour papaya milkshake to a serving glass and serve chilled.
You can increase or decrease the amount of sugar.