paneer paratha recipe
preparation time: 15 mins
cooking time: 30 mins
recipe type: main, breakfast, paratha
serves: 2 – 3
equipments required: Roti Tawa
- wheat flour – 2 cups
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- ghee – 1 teaspoon
- water – as required
- oil or ghee – as required for making paratha
for paneer stuffing
- paneer – 200 grams
- onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
how to make paneer paratha recipe with step by step photos
To make dough:
1. In a wide mouthed bowl, add wheat flour. Next add salt to it and mix well. Now add ghee, mix well.
2. Add water slowly, little by little and make soft and firm dough. (The dough should not be sticky).
3. Cover the dough and keep it aside for 20 – 30 minutes.
To make paneer stuffing for paratha:
1. In another wide mouthed bowl, add paneer cubes. Crumble them nicely.
2. Then add chopped onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well so that all the masalas get mixed with paneer. Keep it aside.
3. After 20 minutes, take the dough, knead it once more and make equal sized balls. Make equal sized balls out of paneer too.
4. Take a portion of dough, roll it in your hands to make ball. Dust the ball with flour, and roll it with a rolling pin to make a small circle.
5. Keep one paneer ball in the center and seal it nicely.
6. Dust it with flour, roll it into parathas of desired thickness.
7. Heat tawa, and place the rolled paratha on top. The tawa should be hot enough.
8. When one side is partially cooked, flip it to the other side. Apply ghee on this side.
9. Then again turn over and flip. Apply ghee on this side too.
10. Flip again. Press the edges with spatula so that the edges also get cooked well.
11. Repeat this until golden brown spots appear on the paratha. Transfer it to a serving plate.
12. Clean tawa with paper napkins to remove the burnt flour before you make another paratha.
13. Serve with onion, raita or yogurt.
stuffed paneer paratha recipe below
- wheat flour - 2 cups
- salt - ¼ teaspoon
- ghee - 1 teaspoon
- water - as required
- oil or ghee - as required for making paratha
- for paneer stuffing
- 200 grams paneer
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Add wheat flour in a bowl. Add salt, ghee, mix well.
- Add water little by little, and make a dough. Cover and keep aside for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Add crumbled paneer in a bowl.
- Add onion, green chili, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt, coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Take the dough, knead it once more.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Take a ball, dust it with flour, and roll it into a thick circle.
- Place the paneer filling in the middle and seal the edges.
- Dust it and roll it into a circle.
- Heat a tawa or griddle and grease it with oil.
- Place the circled dough onto the tawa and cook on both sides till golden spots appear.
- Serve paneer paratha with curd or raita.