paneer masala recipe with butter naan – tasty and delicious breakfast combo. butter naan is a popular Indian bread recipe made with all-purpose flour, yeast, milk, sugar, and baking soda
paneer masala with butter naan is a tasty combination which can be served for breakfast, lunch or for dinner. Today. I am sharing butter naan recipe in oven. It is very easy to prepare naan in an oven, but if you don’t have an oven, you can cook butter naan in tawa.
The method of making butter naan in oven is easy. Activate yeast, mix all the ingredients, make a dough. Leave the dough aside to double in volume for 1 to 2 hours. Then roll it into circles and bake in a preheated oven.
Let us see how to make paneer masala with butter naan recipe in oven.
paneer masala recipe
- paneer – 1 cup
- onion – 1, chopped
- green chilies – 2, chopped
- tomato – 1, finely chopped
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- curd or yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- ghee or oil – 2 tablespoons
whole garam masala:
- cardamom or elaichi – 2
- cloves – 2
- cinnamon – 1-inch piece
- bay leaf or tejpatta – 1
how to make paneer masala for garlic naan
1. Heat oil or ghee in a pan or kadai, add the whole garam masala. Saute for a few seconds till they turn aromatic.
2. Once they are aromatic, add in the chopped onion, green chilies, and saute till onion turns golden brown.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and saute again for a few more minutes till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off completely. Then add in the chopped tomatoes, and cook till they are soft and mushy.
4. Add salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and saute for a few minutes.
5. Then add yogurt, and cook on a low flame till the oil starts separating on the sides of the pan.
6. Add water to form a gravy, and once it boils, add the diced paneer.
7. Check for salt, and if necessary, add more. Finally, garnish with coriander leaves.
butter naan recipe
- maida or all purpose flour – 1 and 1/2 cups
- yeast – 1 teaspoon
- baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- milk – 1/2 cup
- sugar – 1 tablespoon
- soft butter – 2 tablespoon
- butter and sesame seeds for garnishing
how to make butter naan recipe in oven
1. Take milk in a bowl. Sprinkle yeast over it. Add sugar, mix well, and keep it aside till yeast ferments and becomes frothy. Once it froths, mix it with maida, baking soda, and salt. Knead well with your fingers and make a soft dough.
2. Form a soft dough, cover it with a cling film and keep it in a warm environment for 1.5-2 hrs. You will find that it rises and doubles in volume. Take it out and knead it once more.
3. Divide the dough into equal sized balls. Dust the balls with flour, and roll them into circles or into oval shapes.
4. Brush with little butter, sprinkle sesame seeds and bake them in a preheated oven at 190℃ for 10 minutes.