paneer makhani recipe or paneer makhanwala – restaurant style creamy paneer gravy recipe. It is a tasty curry where paneer is cooked in a rich, creamy onion tomato gravy.
The method of making paneer makhani is very easy. Saute all the ingredients and grind it to a smooth paste. Add the paneer pieces, kasuri methi and fresh cream. paneer makhanwala is ready to be served.
Serve paneer makhani with chapati, roti, naan, and also with rice varieties like jeera rice.
paneer makhani recipe video
paneer makhani recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
recipe type: main, side dish
serves: 3 – 4
- paneer – 200 grams
- butter – 3 tablespoons
- bay leaf – 1, small
- cinnamon – 1-inch piece
- cloves – 2 – 3
- cardamom – 2
- cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- cashew nuts – 8 – 10
- onion – 2, medium
- ginger – 1/2-inch piece
- garlic – 3 – 4
- tomato – 3 – 4
- green chili – 1
- cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- kasuri methi or dry fenugreek leaves –
- sugar – 1 teaspoon
- fresh cream – 2 – 3 tablespoons
- water – 1 and 1/2 cups
how to make paneer makhani recipe
1.Heat tablespoons of butter in a pan. When the butter melts, add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, and saute for a few seconds.
2. Add chopped onion and saute till onion turns transparent.
3. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and saute well on medium flame. Saute for a few seconds till the raw smell goes off completely.
4. Add finely chopped tomato, saute well till tomatoes get cooked well and become mushy. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix well. Cook until tomatoes become mushy. Add salt and mix well.
5. Turn off the flame. Allow the mixture to cool. Once the mixture cools down, grind it to a smooth paste.
6. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan. Add bay leaf, cumin powder and saute well.
7. Add the ground onion tomato paste. Saute well on medium flame until butter starts separating on the sides of the pan. Add 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups of water and sugar. Bring it to a boil.
8. The gravy will start spluttering as it cooks. Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame for 3 – 4 minutes. Stir in between to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
9. Add paneer cubes, mix well. Mix gently and cook for 2 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons of fresh cream. Mix well. Add crushed kasuri methi, mix well. Turn off the flame.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
11. paneer makhani is ready to be served. Serve paneer makhanwala with chapati, roti, naan, or with rice.