paneer biryani in preethi electric pressure cooker – Pressure cookers and mixer grinders have become the basic necessities in an Indian kitchen. Most of us have two or three pressure cookers of varying capacities which we use in our day to day cooking. And they are a handy, time-saving gadget which makes out life easier.
I recently received a Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker “Touch” for review and after using it for a few weeks I will say it is a gadget with beauty and brains. The electric pressure cooker has timers and sensors built in automatically to adjust the pressure and heat as they cook, which means you are free to carry on with your other jobs until they are done.
Preethi Electric Pressure cooker has got a pre-programmed set of menus which are suitable for cooking Indian dishes. You can cook all kinds of recipes like pulao/ biryani, pongal, khichdi, rice, meat, chicken, chickpeas, rajma, idli, dhokla or anything else with a “touch” of a finger. If you want to cook a recipe which is not available on the pre-set menu, then the electric pressure cooker can be customized to do so.
There was a time when I would have said that stove top pressure cookers are the best, or I love my rice cooker. But that was the period before I got my Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker and started using it in my kitchen. But as you look at it for the first time, you might feel “what is the difference between a preethi electric cooker and a stove top pressure cooker“. Both are used for pressure cooking, but the difference lies in the way actual cooking takes place. Moreover, it is stress-free and safer compared to their stovetop varients. If you possess a rice cooker then you might think what is the difference between rice cooker and electric pressure cooker. In Preethi electric pressure cooker open cooking is possible for dishes like pongal, pulao, and gravy. But open cooking is not possible in a rice cooker.
Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker Touch is a 5L digital model in stainless steel and comes with a
- non-stick cooking bowl
- two ladle
- measuring cup
- cooking manual
Features of Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker
There are various features about the electric pressure cooker which we loved.
- Pre-programmed menus – Preethi Electric pressure cooker has a set of pre-programmed menus which are very useful for day to day Indian cooking. It works with a single touch of a button which means you don’t have to worry about the time, the pressure, the number of whistles, or any other factor. Just add all the ingredients, cover the cooker, press the menu and then forget about it. The pressure cooker will call you with a beep sound when ready.
- food texture – Electric pressure cooker has 3 buttons which let you decide the texture of the food – coarse, medium or well done. Sometimes, you want the food to be well cooked and mushy, but in some cases you want the food to be just done. This set of options lets you decide how you want to cook your food.
- measuring scale – The inner cooking pot which is a non-stick pan has a measuring scale in cups from 2 – 10 cups.
- On-demand pressure – This menu can be used for cooking a dish other than those available in the preset menu.
To test the electric pressure cooker, I cooked up a variety of foods like chana masala, veg pulao, veg kurma, pongal, kichadi, sambar, and even tried boiling potatoes in it. And all the results were satisfactory.
Overall, I found cooking in Preethi Electric Pressure cooker very convenient and all my attempts to make traditional, modern and innovative foods turned out to be successful. But I think it would be really helpful if there were some marks to find out the pressure lock and release position. I would have loved if Preethi provides a separate accessory for steam cooking dishes like idli and dhokla.
But in short, this is one kitchen gadget which I would really recommend in any kitchen. If you are used to working with a pressure cooker, then working with an electric pressure cooker is a breeze. This gadget is also useful for people who are new to cooking, bachelor’s and they will find this ver useful with all the preset menu. Just throw all the inside and get your food ready in minutes.
I have made paneer biryani in preethi electric pressure cooker and do take a look at the recipe
paneer biryani video below
paneer biryani recipe
paneer biryani recipe – ingredients
- paneer – 200 grams
- capsicum – 1, small
- curd or yogurt – 1/2 cup
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- kashmiri red chili powder – 1/2teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- mint leaves – few
- coriander leaves – few
- ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- green chili – 1, slit
- cardamom – 2
- cloves – 3
- cinnamon – 1 and 1/2 inch piece
- bay leaf – 1
for paneer biryani
- oil – 3 tablespoons
- onion – 1 , large
- ginger garlic paste – 1/4 teaspoon
- cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- basmati rice – 1 cup
- water – 1 and 3/4 cup
- salt – to taste
- mint leaves – few
- coriander leaves – few
paneer biryani in preethi electric pressure cooker “touch”
1. Wash and soak rice in enough water for 15 – 20 minutes. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
2. Add curd or yogurt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, salt, coriander leaves, mint leaves and mix well.
3. Add paneer cubes, diced capsicum, mix well. Cover the bowl and leave it aside for 1 or 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, set the pressure cooker in biryani mode by pressing the pulao/biryani button. Add oil to the pan. Now add the sliced onion and saute well until onion turns golden brown. Remove the caramelized onion from the hot oil and place it on a plate.
5. Into the same pan, add cardamom, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and saute for a few seconds. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a few seconds.
6. Add the marinated paneer pieces, followed by soaked and drained rice. Add water, salt, mint leaves, coriander leaves, fried onion. Give it a quick mix. Check the salt, if necessary, add more.
7. Cover the electric pressure cooker with the lid. Set the pressure value. Press the button for biryani/pulao mode. Select the texture you want. I selected coarse texture.
8. After few seconds, you will hear three beep sounds. And once the pressure is built, the red button will pop out and the timer will show the time required for the biryani to get cooked.
9. Once done, again the electric pressure cooker will give a beep sound and an OH signal. Release the pressure valve immediately. paneer biryani in preethi electric pressure cooker is ready. Serve hot with raita.