Easy paneer sandwich recipe:
Paneer bhurji sandwich – Sandwiches are healthy filling breakfast options and now vacations have started, kids are at home and after playing and having all the fun they really need some thing healthy and filling for their break. Today’s recipe is a healthy and filling sandwich made with paneer. Paneer bhurji is a tasty paneer based dish made with cottage cheese. Paneer is a good source of protein, has high calcium content and helps in building strong bones and teeth to a certain extend. Since it is very high in protein, it is best for kids. Kids love sandwiches and this healthy filling sandwich is loved by people of all ages.
Other similar recipes
|crumbled cottage cheese / paneer||1 cup|
|capsicum / green bell pepper (finely chopped)||4 tablespoon|
|tomatoes||1 (finely chopped)|
|onion||1 (finely chopped)|
|green chillies||2 – 3 (chopped)|
|ginger garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|garam masala||1/2 teaspoon|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|cumin seed||1/4 teaspoon|
|chopped coriander leaves||1 tablespoon|
|lemon juice||1/2 teaspoon|
|butter / oil||as required|
1. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and wait till it sizzles.
2. Then add finely chopped onion and green chillies to it. Fry till onion turns light brownish in color.
3. Next add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
4. Add finely chopped tomato pieces, turmeric powder, garam masala, and cook until it turns mushy.
5. Now add chopped capsicum and saute for a minute.
6. Next add crumbled paneer and salt. Fry for 2 – 3 minutes until paneer gets cooked well. Then add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
7. Add lemon juice, mix well. Allow it to cool.
8. Take 2 slices of bread, trim the edges of the bread. (I have used white sandwich bread here, but you can make use of brown bread or multigrain bread also. )
9. Place the paneer bhurji filling we prepared on one side of the bread and cover with the other bread piece.
10. Heat butter on a tawa. Now place the prepared sandwich on top of the tawa. Slightly press it and cook till the bread piece on the bottom gets golden brown color.
11. Now flip it to the other side and cook till the other side becomes golden brown and crispy.
12. Serve paneer bhurji sandwich with tomato ketchup.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving