paneer bhurji gravy recipe | paneer bhurji curry – a tasty and easy to make Indian curry recipe made with scrambled paneer or cottage cheese.
paneer bhurji is very popular North Indian dish and can be served with chapati or roti. This paneer bhurji gravy is a variation to the popular bhurji recipe and tastes great with chapati, roti or with paratha.
paneer bhurji gravy recipe
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
recipe type: side dish
cuisine: north indian
equipment used: kadai
- paneer or cottage cheese – 1 packet or 200 grams
- butter or oil – 2 tablespoons
- cinnamon – 1-inch piece
- cloves – 3
- cardamom – 2
- black peppercorns – 3 – 4
- bay leaf or tej patta – 1
- onion – 1, big – finely chopped
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- tomato – 2, finely chopped
- curd or yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- water – 1/2 cup
- coriander leaves – 3 tablespoons
- salt – to taste
how to make paneer bhurji gravy recipe – paneer bhurji curry
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil or butter in a kadai.
2. Add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, black peppercorns, and saute till spices turn aromatic.
3. Add onion, ginger garlic paste, green chilies and saute till onion turns translucent and the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off completely.
4. Add finely chopped tomatoes, and saute for a few more minutes till they turn mushy and oil starts separating on the sides of the pan.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala powder. Saute till the raw smell of masala goes off completely.
6. Reduce the flame to low and add whisked curd or yogurt. Now add 1/2 cup of water. Add finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
7. Reduce the flame to low, add crumbled paneer. Mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until paneer gets cooked.
8. Turn off the flame and add finely chopped coriander leaves.
9. paneer bhurji gravy is ready. Serve paneer curry with chapati, roti.