|ada (I used store bought)||1/2 cup|
|cashews||10 – 15|
1. In a wide bowl, add water and boil it nicely. Then add ada to it, cover it and keep it aside for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, you will notice that ada is increased in size. Drain the water and rinse nicely 2 to 3 times in cold water.
2. Heat ghee in a pan, add water and bring it to boil. Once it starts boiling, add milk.
3. Boil until milk reduces a little. Now add the washed ada, and cook on low flame for 15 – 20 minutes. By this time you will notice that milk has reduced to half the original quantity.
4. Now add sugar and cook for some more time. The payasam becomes pale cream color. Add cardamom powder and turn off the flame.
5. In another pan heat ghee. Add cashews and roast till it starts changing color. Transfer it to a plate. Next add raisins and wait till it puffs up. Remove from the pan and add it to the payasam.
6. Payasam is ready.
Check here for other payasam varieties:
3. aval payasam
4. semiya payasam
5. Cheru parippu payasam
6. nei payasam
7. Chowari payasam / sago payasam / kheer
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving