orange cupcake recipe – this is a super easy orange cupcake recipe and the end result is soft, fluffy, delicious cupcakes.
This orange cupcake is made from fresh orange juice and zest, they are delicate and are perfect for all occasions. I love orange flavored cakes and this fluffy orange cupcake with orange frosting is absolutely yumm..
Learn how to make orange cupcakes with orange icing.
orange cupcake recipe
preparation time: 15 minutes
baking time: 20 – 25 minutes
recipe type: cake recipe
serves: 3 – 4
- butter – 1/2 cup, unsalted
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- orange zest – of 2 oranges
- eggs – 2
- curd – 1/2 cup
- fresh orange juice – 1/4 cup
- maida or all-purpose flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
- baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- butter – 1/2 cup
- icing sugar – 2 cups
- orange essence – few drops
- orange zest – 1 teaspoon
- cream – 2 tablespoons
- orange food color – few drops
how to make orange cupcake recipe
1.To make orange cupcake recipe, first, preheat the oven at 170-degree centigrade for 10 minutes.
2. Sieve the maida, salt, baking powder, baking soda together and keep aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar on a medium speed until it becomes pale and fluffy. Add eggs one by one and keep beating well.
4. Now add the orange zest, curd, and beat further.
5. Now fold in the maida or all-purpose flour, mix well. Then add the orange juice in 3 parts into the egg mixture.
6. Line the muffin tray with muffin liners and pour the batter into them.
7. Bake these muffins at 170-degree centigrade in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Transfer them to a wired rack and allow them to cool.
8. Add icing sugar and butter into a bowl and whisk well.
9. Add the vanilla essence, cream, and orange zest. Whisk until it becomes creamy.
10. Add the food color and mix well.
11. Pour the icing into piping bag and pipe the cupcakes.