|red chilly powder||1 -2 teaspoon|
|mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|urud dal||1/2 teaspoon|
2. In a mixer jar, add the chopped tomato, onion pieces, red chilly powder and salt and grind it to form a smooth paste.
3. In a pan or kadai, heat oil, add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds splutter, add urud dal and curry leaves. Saute till urud dal changes its colour and leaves nice aroma.
4. Now add the ground paste and 1/4 cup of water. Mix it well.
5. Lower the flame and let the chutney cook for 5 minutes in medium flame, until you get the desired consistency.
6. Serve it with idly / dosa.
1. Addition of kashmiri red chilly powder will give a nice bright red colour to your chutney.
2. Add red chilly powder according to your requirement and tanginess of tomatoes.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving