|Red chilly||3 – 4|
|red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Hing / Kayam||1/2 teaspoon|
|mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|urud dal||1/2 teaspoon|
1. In a pan heat oil, add red chillies and garlic. Roast it for a few seconds.
2. Then add sliced onions and saute till it becomes golden brown and soft. Now add hing and saute till the raw smell of garlic goes off completely.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and salt. Mix well and cook until the tomatoes are cooked till soft. The mixture should be soft. Allow it to cool.
4. Grind it without adding water to form a soft paste.
5. In another pan heat 1 teaspoon of oil, add the ingredients given under for seasoning and add it to the chutney.
6. Your chutney is now ready to be served. Serve it with idly or dosa.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving