1. Chop the onion and spinach finely and keep it aside.
onion – 1 (big) (around 1/2 cup)
corn – 2 tbsp.
spinach – 2 tbsp.
butter – 2 tbsp.
garlic – 1/2 tsp
grated processed cheese – 2 tbsp.
salt (to taste)
1. In a pan heat butter and add the onions. Fry them till they turn brownish in color.
2. Add 3 cups of vegetable stock, processed cheese and allow it to boil.
3. Add the chopped garlic and corn shells.
4. Let it cook for about 10 – 15 minutes.
5. Now stir in mustard and spinach.
6. Serve and enjoy.
This is how I made vegetable stock at home.
carrot – 1
onion – 1
cabbage – 100 gms
cauliflower – 8 – 9 florets
beans – 2 -3
celery – 2
garlic – 2
There is no rules like these vegetables should be used in this much quantity. Use the left over veggies available in the refrigerator.
1. Roughly chop all the vegetables and put in a thick bottomed pan.
2. Now add water 4 cups of water and allow it to boil
3. Once it boils cover the pan with a tight lid, simmer the gas and allow it to cook for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, strain the vegetable stock in a colander.
5. Press the vegetables nicely with a ladle to take all the juice outside.
6. This can be used immediately or you can store it in refrigerator for later use.
1. To get a thicker consistency, you can add 1 tsp or corn flour or maida
2. You can add fried bread pieces also to this.
3. You can add oregano to this soup to increase the taste.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
enjoy cooking and serving