podi uthappam recipe | onion podi uthappam – tasty and easy to make breakfast or dinner.
I have made uthappam here, but you can also make it thin and crispy as podi dosa. You might have found podi dosa in most of the South Indian restaurants.
You can make use of homemade idli podi or store bought chutney powder for making this podi uthappam. More over, it is something which can be prepared easily within a few minutes. Being a south indian family, we always stock idli dosa batter at home and making this dishs is very easy if you have the batter ready at home. You can also use garlic podi or ellu podi for making the same.
podi uthappam recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: breakfast
equipment used: bowl, dosa tawa
- left over dosa batter – as required
- idli podi – as required
- onion – finely chopped
- curry leaves – finely chopped
- oil or ghee – as required for making dosa
how to make podi uthappam recipe
1. In a bowl, add finely chopped onion, curry leaves, and idli podi. Mix well. Keep it aside.
2. Heat a griddle or dosa tawa and grease it with oil. Pour a ladle full of batter onto the hot tawa. Don’t spread it.
3. Reduce the flame to low. Sprinkle the prepared idli podi onion mixture on top. Drizzle oil around the edges and at the center. Cover with a lid and cook for a few seconds.
4. Cook till the bottom becomes brownish and crispy. Flip and cook on the other side too.
5. Serve podi uthappam for breakfast or dinner or just as an after school snack.