Now to the recipe…
Poli being served even in
Maida – 1 cup
turmeric powder (a pinch)
salt (to taste)
channa dal – 1 cup
Jaggery – 3/4 cup
cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
1. Sieve maida and turmeric powder together so that both get mixed well.
2. Put every thing in a wide plate, add salt and mix well
3. Then add the required amount of water and make a sticky dough.
4. Then appl 1 tbsp of ghee over the dough to make it non sticky. If necessary add more ghee.
5. Leave it covered for atleast 2 hours.
6. Wash the channa dal and pressure cook with a pinch of turmeric powder and add little water (it should just cover the dal. )
7. Pressure cook and keep it aside
8. Once the dal cools down, drain the excess water and grind it with cardamom powder
9. Pour half a cup of water to the jaggery, heat it and let it dissolve
10. Once the jaggery liquid starts boiling, add the ground dal and saute it. Make sure not to add water.
11. Shape the filling into small rounds
12. Mix the dough nicely
13. Take the dough less than the size of the filling and spread it nicely by adding ghee to a plastic cover.
14. Keep the filling in between, cover on all sides and spread it with your hands as far as possible.
15. Roast it on a tawa by adding ghee on both sides.