NELLIKKA ARACHU KALAKKI – NELLIKKAI THAYIR PACHADI
Nellikkai thayir pachadi – Ingredients
- curd / yogurt – 1 cup
- salt – to taste
- amla / gooseberry – 6 – 7 (or 1/4 cup deseeded and chopped)
- green chilies – 3 – 4
- coconut – 6 tablespoons
- water – 1 -2 tablespoon
- oil – 2 tablespoon
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- asafoetida powder / hing – a pinch
- dry red chili – 1
- urad dal / husked black gram dal – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- shallots – 4 – 5 (finely chopped)
- curry leaves – 1 sprig
How To Make Nellikkai Thayir Pachadi
1. In a mixer jar, add amla pieces, grated coconut, green chilies, 1 – 2 tablespoons of water, and grind together to a smooth paste.
2. Whisk curd /yogurt and add it to the ground mixture. Mix till well blended and smooth.
3. Add salt. Mix well. Add water to get the consistency of chutney.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Splutter mustard seeds and then add the remaining ingredients for tempering. Roast on low flame till the shallots get fried well and nice aroma comes. Turn off the flame and add the tempering into the pachadi. Stir well.
5. Serve nellikka arachu kalakki as a side dish for rice along with sambar and mezhukkupuratti.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your comments, suggestions or views in the box given below.
Enjoy cooking and serving