|gooseberry / nellikka||1/2 kg|
|mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|fenugreek seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|kashmiri chilli powder||4 – 5 tablespoon|
|turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|dry red chilli||2|
|asafoetida powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|sesame oil||3 tablespoon|
1. Steam cook gooseberry. (or cook gooseberry in 1/2 cup of water).
2. When cooked, gooseberry becomes very soft. Let it cool and then deseed them and cut it into 4 – 6 pieces.
3. In kadai, heat sesame oil, put mustard seeds. Let it splutter. Then add fenugreek seeds, dry red chillies,ginger, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, asafoetida powder, curry leaves and salt.
4. Lightly fry till raw smell goes off.
5. Add vinegar and allow it to boil. Add sugar at this stage.
6. Turn off the stove, add gooseberries and mix everything well.
7. Allow it to cool. Transfer it to a bharani or glass bottle (dry – without any water). Cover it and keep it aside for 3 days. After 3 days, you can use it.
8. This goes well with curd rice, rice porridge etc.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you can do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving