Nei payasam recipe ney payasam or sharkara payasam – is a tasty Kerala temple payasam recipe. We call it as kadu madhura payasam as it is very sweet. This payasam is usually prepared in temples as neivedyam. Nei payasam is very sweet and is a real treat for all payasam lovers.
Let us see how to make nei payasam with this simple ney payasam recipe.
nei payasam recipe
|raw rice / pachari||1 cup|
|jaggery syrup||1 – 1 1/2 cup|
|grated coconut||1 1/2 cup|
|dry ginger powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|cashew and raisins||10|
|cardamom powder||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Wash rice nicely. Cook rice in pressure cooker with 4 cups of water just until done.
2. Combine grated jaggery with 1/2 cup water in a pan.
3. Strain the melted jaggery to remove impurities. Pour it back to another pan, and cook for few more minutes or until it turns slightly thick.
4. Add jaggery syrup to rice and keeping the gas in sim, mix rice and jaggery and let it remain and thicken for 5 minutes.
5. Finally, add grated coconut and little ghee and mix well. ( Don’t add the entire ghee at once. Add it in intervals and mix well)
6. Then add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder. Then turn off the stove.
7. In another pan, heat ghee, fry cashews and raisins add it to the payasam.
8. Your payasam is ready to serve.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving