nankhatai recipe | nan khatai
- maida or all purpose flour – 1 cup
- semolina or sooji – 2 and 1/2 tablespoons
- gram flour or besan – 1/2 cup
- cardamom powder – one pinch
- powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- melted ghee – 1/2 cup
- salt – a pinch
how to make nankatai recipe with step by step photos
1. Preheat the oven for 15 minutes on 200 degree Celsius in baking mode.
2. In a bowl, add besan, maida, sooji, powdered sugar, cardamom powder, salt and mix well.
3. To this add melted ghee. Mix well to form a soft dough.
5. Take each ball, slightly flatten them, just like we make peda.
6. Place them on a baking tray. Top them with finely chopped nuts.
7. Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 160 degree centigrade for 16 – 18 minutes.
8. Transfer them to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
9. nankhatai is ready. Let it cool completely and then store them in an air-tight container. nan khatai tastes great when served with a cup of tea.