Today I am sharing another easy to make chutney which can be served with dosa / idly- thenga chutney / coconut chutney. This is a chutney which I made for breakfast today morning and served along with dosa. It tasted extremely delicious. I always make normal coconut chutney or onion tomato chutney for idly / dosa, but today, tried this. It was a variation to the normal chutney’s and tasted nice with my dosa. Check here for other chutney varieties.
|shallots||3 – 4|
|cumin seeds / jeerakam||1 teaspoon|
|curry leaves||1 sprig|
|mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|urud dal||1/2 teaspoon|
|dry red chilly||2|
1. Grind together, scraped coconut, cumin seeds, few curry leaves, and green chillies together. Add water, grind nicely to get a smooth paste. Add enough water and salt to it, keep it aside.
2. In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add dry red chilly, urud dal and curry leaves, saute for a few seconds.
3. Now, keep the flame in low, and add the ground coconut mixture. Mix it well.
4. Mix it nicely and take it out before it starts boiling.
5. This can be served for idly/ dosa.
1. Green chillies can be replaced with red chilly powder also.
2. Don’t let the chutney to boil. Take it out before it starts bubbling.
Chutney for idly / dosa
1. ridgegourd chutney
2. curry leaves chutney
3. capsicum chutney
4. onion chutney
5. pudina chutney
6. coconut chutney
7. onion tomato chutney
8. pudina chutney (with coconut)
9. onion tomato chutney1
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy, if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving