Sandwiches are liked by everyone especially by children. They always prefer foods which are more appealing to them and which they can finish off easily and go for playing. So here’s an easy to make, healthy and cheesy sandwich for kids which can be packed for lunch and they are sure to finish it off. Moreover, it contains mushrooms, spinach, corn and is cheesy and made with brown bread which makes it very healthy and filling. Here I have made it less spicy, as I made it for my kids. I have already shared spinach cheese sandwich and cheesy mushroom sandwiches already, this is another addition to my sandwiches for kids.
|butter (unsalted)||2 tablespoon|
|onion (finely sliced)||1 tablespoon|
|Spinach (finely chopped)||1/2 cup|
|corn (boiled)||1/4 cup|
|cheese (grated)||4 tablespoon|
1. In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter. Add onion and saute well. Then add mushrooms and corn, cook on high heat until softened.
2. Add chopped spinach, season with salt and pepper, mix well. Cook for few seconds.
3. Take 4 pieces of bread, spread the remaining butter on one side of all the 4 pieces. Top 2 pieces of bread with cheese.
4. Add cooked mushroom mixture and top it again with cheese. Close the sandwiches with the remaining bread pieces.
5. Heat a griddle, add sandwiches and cook over medium heat turning once and cook until cheese gets melted. (I have used the toast mode of oven)
6. Sandwiches are ready to be served. Enjoy!
Linking it to “Kids Lunch Box Recipes Book Event” organised by Indusladies.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving