Mushroom pepper fry recipe / mushroom stir fry recipe – is an easy mushroom recipe with a peppery flavor. This is a mushroom pepper fry dry recipe which is very easy to make and is made with button mushrooms. So this dish can also be called as button mushroom pepper fry . You can also try making mushroom pepper fry with other mushroom varieties.
I always love quick and easy mushroom recipes and this dry pepper fry recipe is one among them. The addition of capsicum is optional, but it enhances the taste and flavor of the dish. I have added lemon juice in this recipe, but you can also add tomato. Since this dish contains capsicum or bell peppers, it can also be called as mushroom chili fry. Mushrooms are rich in B vitamins like riboflavin, thiamine, and many others and has no fat content in them. Mushrooms pair well with many Indian vegetables like potatoes and peas making yummy dishes like mushroom peas masala, mushroom vindaloo, mushroom masala dosa and many others. You can also use mushrooms in dishes like pulao, biryani or in other indo-chinese recipes.
Mushroom pepper fry can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish for roti, chapati or rice, but in any way it is a very tasty stir fry.Hope you all like the recipe of dry mushroom pepper masala. Now to the recipe.
Mushroom pepper fry recipe
- mushrooms – 200 grams
- capsicum / bell peppers – 1 (small)
- onion – 1
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- green chili – 1
- curry leaves – few
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon (Freshly ground)
- fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- asafoetida powder / hing – a pinch
- dry red chili – 1
how to make mushroom pepper fry recipe with step by step photos
1. Clean mushrooms, trim the edges, and wash them in clean water. Pat them dry with a clean towel. Cut them into slices.2. Add oil in a thick bottomed pan. When hot enough, add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters. Then add fennel seeds, dry red chili, curry leaves and asafoetida powder / hing. Wait till fennel seeds sizzle.
3. Add sliced onion and saute till it becomes brownish in color. Add ginger garlic paste, green chili and saute again on a medium flame for a few seconds until the raw smell goes off. Add coriander powder and mix well.
4. Add capsicum and saute well till it shrinks well.
5. Add the sliced mushroom pieces, salt and let it cook on medium flame until the entire water gets evaporated. There will be a sizzling sound throughout the time till the water has completely evaporated. Increase the flame and toss well. Take care that the mushrooms should not get burnt.
6. Add pepper powder and mix well. Finally, add lemon juice, mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Serve mushroom pepper fry with roti, paratha, chapati or with rice items.