mushroom kurma recipe | mushroom korma – a tasty south indian style kurma recipe with mushroom
I often make vegetable kurma at home. It is a best way to include veggies in kid’s diet. They love to have kurma with chapati, and roti. This mushroom kurma is a south indian variety of kurma and can be made easily within 20 minutes.
You can serve mushroom korma as a side dish for chapati, roti, naan, and rice. You can also serve this mushroom kurma as a side dish for veg biryani.
mushroom kurma recipe
- mushroom – 200 grams or 1 packet
- oil – 2 tablespoons
- onion – 1, medium – finely chopped
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- tomato – 1, big
- cumin seeds or jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- curry leaves – few
- salt – to taste
- water – as required
- coriander leaves – finely chopped
- coconut – 1/2 cup
- cashew nuts – 10 – 12
- green chili – 1
how to make mushroom kurma recipe – mushroom korma
1. To make mushroom kurma, let us start by making coconut paste. Add coconut, cashew nuts (soaked in hot water), green chili to a mixer jar. Grind it to a smooth paste by adding enough water. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
3. Add onion, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves, and saute till onion turns light brown and the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off completely.
4. Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute till tomatoes turn mushy and oil starts separating on the sides of the pan.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and saute for a few seconds till the raw smell of masala goes off completely.
6. Add the cleaned and sliced mushrooms. Mix well. Saute in a low to medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Add coconut paste, saute for a few seconds in a low flame. Add water. salt, and mix well.
8. Cover the pan with a lid, and cook on a low flame for 10 minutes. Turn off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. mushroom kurma is ready to serve. Serve mushroom korma with chapati, roti, naan