|puffed rice / murmura / pori||3 cups|
|mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|dry red chilly||2|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|curry leaves||10 – 15|
|peanuts (roasted)||1/4 cup|
|roasted channa dal / pottukadala||1/4 cup|
|cashewnuts||10 – 12|
|red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|salt||1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon(I added 1/4 tsp and little more)|
|dry coconut / kopra||1 tablespoon (optional)|
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add cashews, roast it till it becomes light brownish in color. Then drain it and transfer to another plate.
2. In the same oil, add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters. Then add curry leaves and dry red chilly, saute for a few minutes
3. Next add roasted peanuts, roasted channa dal and saute for some time.
4. Then add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, hing and salt. Saute it once more.
5. Now bring the flame to low and then add puffed rice / pori and roasted cashewnuts. Mix it well, so that the entire masala gets coated. Keep on low flame for 2 minutes and keep mixing.
6. Turn off the flame and allow it to come to room temparature. Once cooled, store the mixture in an airtight container.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving