mooli thepla recipe – tasty, healthy and easy to make thepla recipe for breakfast.
mooli thepla or radish thepla is a tasty breakfast recipe made with whole wheat flour, grated radish, curd or yogurt and few spices.
thepla is a famous flatbread from gujrat. It is a great travel food and moreover, they don’t need any fancy curry. Just serve them with plain yogurt or any favorite pickle of your choice. It can also be served as a snack.
mooli thepla recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 25 minutes
recipe type: breakfast, snack
serves: 2 – 3
- whole wheat flour – 2 cups
- radish – 3/4 cup, grated
- curd or radish – 1/2 cup
- ginger – 1 teaspoon
- cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- salt – to taste
- whole wheat flour for dusting
- oil or ghee – for making thepla
how to make mooli thepla recipe
1.To make mooli thepla or radish thepla, add all the ingredients into a bowl and knead it to a soft dough without using water. Cover and keep it aside for 10 – 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take the dough, and knead it once more.
2. Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
3. Take each ball, slightly flatten it with the palm of your hands. Dust it with wheat flour and roll it into a 5″ diameter circle. Now we will start making mooli thepla.
4. Repeat the steps with the rest of the balls. It is often ideal to roll out the mooli thepla dough, and place them on a sheet covered and then start making thepla.
5. Heat a tawa or a griddle and grease it with oil. When the tawa is hot enough, place the prepared circle. Cook on a medium flame until you find small bubbles on the upper surface.
6. Flip the dough to the other side. Apply oil on the upper surface and using a flat spatula, slightly press and turn to cook the thepla.
7. Flip to the other side, again add 1/2 teaspoon of oil, press and cook on both the sides till golden brown spots appear on the cooked thepla.
8. Transfer them to a plate. Repeat the steps with the rest of the mooli thepla dough.
9. Serve mooli thepla with raita and pickle.