Mooli paratha recipe – Mooli paratha is a very tasty paratha recipe or Indian flat bread with radish stuffing which is served as a breakfast item in North India. Radish is called as mooli in Hindi and hence the name mooli paratha.
Mooli Paratha Recipe
Radish Paratha Recipe – Ingredients
- wheat flour – 2 cups
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- water – as required to make the dough
- radish (grated ) – 2 cups
- onion (finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
- green chili – 1 (chopped)
- ginger (grated) – 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
How to Make Mooli Paratha / Radish Paratha
- In a wide mouthed bowl, add wheat flour and salt. Mix it well. Then add water slowly little by little until all the contents come together as a mass. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to this and knead it again once more. The dough should soft but firm. (It should not be sticky). Cover and keep it aside for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean radish, peel the skin, grate it. Transfer it to a colander, squeeze the grated radish, and remove the excess water. (Don’t throw the water out. It can be used for kneading the dough. )
- In a pan, heat oil, add finely chopped onion, chopped green chilies, grated ginger and saute till it becomes brownish in color.
- Next add grated radish / mooli and all the dry spice powders (chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and garam masala.). Saute well for a few minutes until the entire moisture goes off. This will take around 8 – 10 minutes.
- Finally, add chopped coriander leaves, mix well, turn off the stove and allow it to cool.
How to prepare radish parathas
- Divide the dough and the stuffing into equal sized balls.
- Roll each ball into a thick circle, keep the stuffing in between and seal it by pulling the edges to the center and sticking it without leaving any gap in between. If there is any gap, then the stuffing will come out while rolling.
- Transfer it to a serving plate. Add more ghee / oil while serving. Serve radish paratha along with curd, raita or any curry of your choice.