mirch ki sabzi recipe | hari mirch ki sabji | besan ki mirchi – a tasty side dish for chapati, roti, rice made with big sized chilies.
besan ki mirchi is a very easy to make recipe which can be made within a few minutes. Initially, when my mom told me about this recipe, I thought it would be spicy. But this mirchi ki sabzi is mildly spiced and tasted great with chapati.
besan ki mirchi is a popular dish in rajasthani cuisine. But I have added a tablespoon of desiccated coconut as I didn’t want it to be very spicy.
Let us now see how to make mirchi ki sabzi recipe with step by step photos.
mirch ki sabzi recipe
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: side dish
- green chili or mirchi – 6 – 7, large
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin seeds or jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- asafetida powder or hing – 1/8 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- amchur powder or dry mango powder – 1 teaspoon
- gram flour or besan – 2 tablespoons
- grated jaggery or gud – 1/2 teaspoon
- desiccated coconut – 2 tablespoons
- coriander leaves – few, finely chopped
- salt – to taste
how to make mirch ki sabzi recipe
1. Trim the edges of the green chili, cut them into half. Remove the seeds and then cut them into 1-inch long pieces. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds or jeera, hing or asafetida powder and turmeric powder. Let jeera sizzle.
3. Add the chopped chili pieces, salt and saute for a few minutes till blisters appear.
4. Add besan or gram flour and saute on a medium-low flame till the raw smell of besan goes off completely.
5. Now add coriander powder, amchur powder, garam masala and desiccated coconut. Saute on a low flame till the spices turn aromatic.
6. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water, mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or till sabzi gets cooked completely.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves. mirchi ki sabzi is ready. Serve with chapati, roti, or with rice.
mirch ki sabzi recipe | hari mirch ki sabji | besan ki mirchi
- green chili or mirchi - 6 - 7, large
- oil - 1 tablespoon
- mustard seeds - ½ teaspoon
- cumin seeds or jeera - ½ teaspoon
- fennel seeds - ½ teaspoon
- asafetida powder or hing - ⅛ teaspoon
- turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
- coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- amchur powder or dry mango powder - 1 teaspoon
- gram flour or besan - 2 tablespoons
- grated jaggery or gud - ½ teaspoon
- desiccated coconut - 2 tablespoons
- coriander leaves - few, finely chopped
- salt - to taste
- Trim the edges of chili. Cut into half.
- Remove the seeds. Cut into 1-inch long pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds, turmeric powder.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped green chili, salt. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add gram flour and saute for a few minutes.
- Add coriander powder, amchur powder, jaggery, garam masala, desiccated coconut.
- Mix well.
- add few tablespoons of water.
- Cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve mirch ki sabzi with chapati, roti, rice.