|mint leaves / pudina leaves||3/4 cup|
|coconut (scraped)||1/2 cup|
|ginger||1 small piece|
|green chilly||2 – 3|
|tamarind||one small piece|
|fried gram dal / pottu kadalai||1 tablespoon|
|mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|urud dal||1 teaspoon|
1. Wash the mint leaves under clear running water and drain it. No problem if some water still remains.
2. In a pan heat oil, add the items given under “for seasoning”. Saute it for few seconds and then transfer it to a serving bowl.
3. In the same pan, add the mint leaves and saute it till they shrink in volume.
4. In a mixer jar, add the scraped coconut, ginger, green chilly, gram dal, tamarind and the mint leaves and grind it nicely.
5. Grind until everything blends well, and transfer to the serving bowl, and add the seasoned items.
6. Chutney is ready. Serve it with idly or dosa.
Other sidedish for breakfast:
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving