Other similar recipes:
Methi Paratha Recipe – Ingredients
- wheat flour – 2 cups
- fenugreek leaves (chopped) – 1 cup
- cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- green chili – 1
- ginger – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- oil – 1 teaspoon
- oil / ghee – as required for making parathas
How To Make Methi Paratha – methi ki roti
1. Clean and wash methi leaves / fenugreek leaves. Drain the water completely. Chop methi leaves into fine pieces, keep it aside.
2. In a wide mouthed bowl, add wheat flour, salt and mix well. Then into the same bowl, add chopped fenugreek leaves, chopped green chili, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, ginger. Mix well with your hands. Then make a well in the center and slowly add water, mix well and then knead it to make a soft but firm dough. Add 1 teaspoon of oil, knead it once more, cover with a damp cloth, keep it aside for 15 – 20 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into equal sized portions and roll them into balls.
4. Take each ball, dust it with wheat flour and flatten it using a rolling pin. Roll into medium sized rotis.
5. Heat a griddle / tawa, grease it with oil. When hot enough, place the round paratha dough, and cook on medium flame for 1 minute. (You will find bubbles rising on the top, then flip it to the other side.)
6. When one side is cooked a little, (ie., the bubble starts appearing on one side,) then, flip it to the other side. Spread butter or ghee on this side.
7. Flip it again, apply ghee on this side too. Press the paratha nicely with the back of a spatula. You will find golden brown spots. Flip it again and cook on both sides till the methi paratha gets cooked well and golden brown spots appear.
8. Remove and brush with melted butter on one side and serve. Repeat the same with the remaining roti.
9. Serve methi paratha with curd, butter or pickle. Fenugreek leaves paratha also tastes great with dal curry.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your comments, views and suggestions in the box below.
Enjoy cooking and serving