meringue kissesmeringue kisses are very easy to whip up and need very few ingredients for preparation.
These colorful meringues are perfect for any party. The ratio of preparing meringues is very easy to remember. One part of egg white and two parts of sugar. And always remember that the sugar should bee superfine while preparing meringues.
meringue kisses recipe
- egg whites – 2
- powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- cream of tartar – 1/8 teaspoon (if not available, add same amount of salt)
- vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- gel colors (I used blue, pink and yellow)
how to make meringue kisses recipe
1. Pour egg whites to a bowl. Whisk the egg whites with a hand mixer. Initially, beat on a low speed, allowing bubbles to form. Then increase the speed to high, and continue whisking until sniff peaks form and you can turn the bowl upside down without the egg whites falling out.
2. Add cream of tartar or salt and continue whisking until it forms soft peaks.
3. Now slowly add the fine powdered sugar little by little. Keep whisking after each addition making sure that the egg whites form soft peaks after each addition.
4. Finally, add the vanilla extract and whisk till it forms hard peaks.
5. Divide the mixture into 3 parts. Dip a toothpick into the colors and add the gel colors into the mixture respectively. Mix the colors.
6. Line a baking tray with butter paper. Now put the three mixtures into piping bags fitted with a rose nozzle and pipe dollops of the mix into a baking tray.
7. Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 100 degree Celsius for 1 and 1/2 hours. Allow them to cool.