masala papad recipe – crispy papad recipe topped with onion tomato mixture. masala papad can be served as a starter or as a snack.
I have deep fried the papad, but you can also roast them on a hot tawa with less oil.
Making masala papad at home is very easy. I bought a packet of urad dal papad for making gujrati thali and few were left out. We love to roast them without oil. I used those to make these starters. We make them very often at home, even with regular pappadam. Take care to chop all the vegetables fresh and spread them on the papad just before serving.
My kids love them and always order them when we go to any punjabi restaurant. Let us see how to make masala papad recipe at home.
masala papad recipe
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 5 minutes
recipe type: snacks
- urad dal papad – 2
- oil – for frying papad
- onion – 1/4 cup or 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- tomato – 1/4 cup or 1/2 tomato, finely chopped
- green chili – 1, small
- coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons
- chaat masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
how to make masala papad recipe
1. First, finely chop onion, tomato, green chili, coriander leaves. Add them to a bowl, mix well.
2. Add salt, chaat masala, lemon juice, mix once more.
3. Take two urad dal papad. Heat enough oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, drop papad one by one and fry them in oil.
4. Keep the papad on a serving plate. Sprinkle the prepared onion tomato mixture on top of the papad. Spread evenly.
5. Serve masala papad immediately. Don’t keep it for more time, it will become soggy.