masala corn – is an easy and tasty corn recipe made with sweet corn. I usually make it as an after school snack for my daughter. She likes it so much that whenever we go out, she buys it from local street shops. I was worried about the hygienic aspects and then I started making masala corn at home. It is very easy to prepare, it is gluten free and also has low calories.
method of making masala corn is very easy, but it is required that the corn should be cooked first before using. For cooking you can either pressure cook with enough water for 3 – 4 whistles, or cook directly in water. But at home, we had a feeling that when you cook in lot of water, most of the nutrients get mixed with water and get wasted. So I always steam cook sweet corn. But while using normal corn, I use pressure cooking method, as it takes more time to get cooked.
masala corn recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 5 minutes
recipe type: snack
- sweet corn – 1 cup
- butter – 1 tablespoon
- pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- chaat masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- cumin powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
how to make masala corn recipe with step by step photos
1. Remove corn kernels from the cob. Boil the corn cob for 10 minutes , until they turn soft. (You can also pressure cook them for 4 whistles). I usually steam cook sweet corn them for 10 – 15 minutes, till they turn soft. Spread the corn kernels in an idli plate and steam cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
2. Add all the ingredients butter, pepper powder, chaat masala, red chili powder, jeera powder in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add the corn kernels to this and mix well.
4. Finally add lemon juice to this, mix well and serve hot.