mango pavlova recipe – a meringue cake with a crisp crust, a light center, topped with whipped cream and mangoes.
According to Wikipedia pavlova is a meringue based dessert. It is a dessert with a crisp crust and soft light inside topped with fruits and whipped cream.
The dessert is very popular in Australia and New Zealand. Mangoes are in full bloom in this season and this is a perfect summer dessert. The method of making mango pavlova is very simple.
To make pavlova, the most important step is preparing the meringue base. The meringue is an egg based dish and make sure to beat the eggs until it reaches its maximum volume.
the method of making mango pavlova is very easy. Separate the egg white and yolks. Add the egg whites to a bowl and whisk well until it forms soft peaks. Now add in the castor sugar, a little at a time, and keep whisking. Add in vanilla extract and whisk well until it forms hard peaks. Sprinkle cornflour and white vinegar, fold it. Bake it in a preheated oven at 130-degree centigrade for 1 hour. Allow it to cool. Finally, add whipped cream, mango puree, and finely chopped mangoes and glazed cherries.
I have made mango pavlova here, but you can add fresh mixed fruits or strawberry if you wish to.
mango pavlova recipe
preparation time: 25 minutes
cooking time: 1 hour
recipe type: dessert
serves: 3 – 4
mango pavlova – ingredients
for the meringue base:
- egg whites – 2
- castor sugar – 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract – 1/4 teaspoon
- white vinegar – 1/2 teaspoon
- cornflour – 1/4 tablespoon
- whipped cream – 1 cup
- mango puree – 1/4 cup
- mango pieces – 1/4 cup
- glazed cherries – 10 – 12
how to make mango pavlova recipe
1.Preheat an oven at 130-degree centigrade or 250-degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and draw a circle (18 cm) on the paper. Turn the parchment paper over, so that the circle is on the opposite side. Keep aside.
3. Add egg whites to a bowl, and beat it well using an electric beater on a medium speed until it forms soft peaks.
4. Slowly add sugar, one tablespoon at a time and continue to beat on high speed until meringue holds very stiff and shiny peaks. Check whether the sugar is completely dissolved. Take a pinch of the prepared meringue between your fingers and gently rub them. The prepared meringue should be smooth.
5. Now add in the vanilla extract and whisk well till hard peaks are formed.
6. Sprinkle the vinegar and cornflour on top of the meringue and with a spatula, gently fold them in.
7. Now spread the meringue on the parchment paper inside the circle. Make sure that the edges are slightly higher than the center.
8. Bake this in a preheated oven at 130-degree centigrade for 1 hour until the outer portion is dry and pale cream in color, and then turn off the oven. Keep the doors of the oven open and let the meringue sit inside the oven until it cools completely.
9. I have made the mango puree at home by blending the mangoes and cooking it with a little sugar. The amount of sugar added depends on the sweetness of mangoes and can be increased or decreased according to personal taste.
10. To make whipped cream, you can use either whipped cream powder or whipped cream, full cream. Check this post for how to make whipped cream with whipped cream powder. If you live in a place where whipped cream is easily available, then you can make use of that.
11. To assemble mango pavlova, place the meringue base on a dessert plate, add whipped cream generously on top. Then pour mango puree on top of it. Again top it up with chopped mangoes and cherries. mango pavlova is ready.